Thinking About Financial Planning? Here Is Why You should Definitely Do It
Financial planning is nothing but a way to manage your finances. You examine your ways to earn and then devise ways to spend and invest. With the help of right financial planning, you are able to manage your finances in such a way that the goals of your life are achieved without hassle.
There is no universal definition of this concept as such. And anything that helps you achieve your financial goals in the most efficient manner can be regarded as the best financial plan for you.
Yes, you can do your planning on your own, but it is always advisable to seek help from financial advisory services for the best outcomes. Now, let’s delve a little deeper into the context and see why financial planning is important.
Financial Planning: It’s Importance
Financial planning is important and there is no denying this. Here is how this practice can make your life smooth -
- Financial planning lets you view your goals in a more vivid manner. It enables you to figure out why it’s important for you to achieve these goals and what impact they have on other areas of your life.
- When you plan your finances, you know about the market. This awareness is important to combat inflation.
- You become a more disciplined person, at least in financial matters.
- You feel better prepared for the future.
- You achieve a sense of peace. More so, when you entrust the task of financial planning to a professional financial service provider.
How planning proves helpful in financial aspects?
- Management of your earnings becomes easy with financial planning. You become aware of how much financial support you receive from your dividends, interests and salary. This helps you be decisive about the investment choices you have at hand.
- Keeping a tab on spending is something we don’t like doing unless there is a need. But when you practice financial planning, your spending automatically comes under the radar.
- Your financial plan basically documents all your monetary inflows and outflows. Hence, you get to know how much is available at hand for savings. You can also figure out whether or not you are within your set budget for a month, a week or a day.
- Financial planning also helps you select the right investment options according to your earnings, financial goals, and risk tolerance.
- Considering your taxes at the end of the month of March is not a good idea. With financial planning, you can calculate your tax liabilities at the outset itself of a financial year. So, you can plan accordingly.
- Who doesn’t want a secure post retirement life? Planning for retirement is possible if you start making financial plans early on in life. And with so many financial planning services in place, planning for retirement is no more a hassle.
Wish to know how to make a financial plan? Here are some directions -
- Fix your financial goals first. You can do it yourself or ask your financial advisor to do it for you.
- Gather all important information and data for setting up the plan. Data may mean your financial goals, income per year, estimates of expenditure, loans and other financial liabilities, expected returns etc.
- To be able to assess your financial position, you must examine the data you have collected. You can also come up with a few investment-worthy avenues at this stage.
- Devise your financial plan factoring in your financial goals and the means you have to achieve them. This plan will be really helpful if you want to make realistic goals and achieve them in an effortless manner.
- Consider all the tasks that need to be done. This phase is the most important one as it’s the execution phase. You take financial actions based on your financial position as reflected by your plan. Make investments that you consider profitable and allocate funds for different upcoming expenses. You may choose to make use of your financial plan in any suitable manner.
- Monitoring your fund regularly and reviewing it is also extremely important. Reviews can be made by you or your financial advisor. Since your financial advisor is more experienced and know the tricks of the trade, it would be better to entrust them with this task.
Now, that you know how important financial planning is, there is no reason why you shouldn’t go for it.
Mr. Ajay Kumar Jain, M.Sc, Chairman And Managing Director
Being the Chairman And Managing Director, he focuses on holistic investment planning and wealth management and tries to make investment planning simpler for retail and HNI investors. Investor education is one of the prime things that Mr. Ajay Jain focuses on as he believes financial education is the foundation of successful investing. With over two decades of experience, Mr. Jain has made a mark in the Indian mutual fund industry due to his compassion and sheer hard work.